Weaving as an Art Form : A Personal Statement Paperback / softback
by Theo Moorman
Outstanding among textile artists is Theo Moorman, a British weaver who has taught extensively in the United States.
Illustrated with beautiful color and black and white examples of her work are her thoughts on the design and aesthetic expression embodied in a woven fabric.
The technique of weaving that bears her name is explained with numerous ways the Moorman technique may be varied and used with further exploration.
Her experiences with commissioned works are utilized in a special chapter relating the problems and opportunities these present.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 104 pages, 8 colour & 60 b/w photos
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing Ltd
- Publication Date: 14/01/1997
- Category: Needlework & fabric crafts
- ISBN: 9780887400681