The Financier Paperback / softback
A master of gritty naturalism, Theodore Dreiser explores the corruption of the American dream in The Financier.
Frank Cowperwood, a fiercely ambitious businessman, emerges as the very embodiment of greed as he relentlessly seeks satisfaction in wealth, women, and power.
As Cowperwood deals and double-deals, betrays and is in turn betrayed, his rise and fall come to represent the American success story stripped down to brutal realities-a struggle for spoils without conscience or pity.
Dreiser's 1912 classic remains an unsparing social critique as well as a devastating character study of one of the most unforgettable American businessmen in twentieth-century literature.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 528 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 02/04/2009
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9780143105541
- Paperback / softback from £8.99
- Hardback from £21.45
- eAudiobook MP3 from £26.84