Gender and Power in Medieval Exegesis Hardback
Part of the The New Middle Ages series
After establishing a feminist-historicist perspective on the tradition of biblical commentary, Tinkle develops in-depth case studies that situate scholars reading the bible in three distinct historical moments, and in so doing she exposes the cultural pressures that medieval scholars felt as they interpreted the bible.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 196 pages, XVI, 196 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 15/10/2010
- Category: Literary studies: classical, early & medieval
- ISBN: 9780230104358
- Paperback / softback from £56.65