Queer Popular Culture : Literature, Media, Film, and Television Paperback / softback
by Thomas Peele
This collection addresses the politics of queer representation in multiple contexts.
Articles cover the rise of the queer cowboy, the emergence of lesbian chic, and the expansion of representations of blackness alongside work on queer, Taiwanese, online communities; a transgender Israeli pop star; and film mimicry in Kerala, India.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 262 pages, 6 Illustrations, black and white; XIII, 262 p. 6 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 05/04/2011
- Category: Popular culture
- ISBN: 9780230105591
- Paperback / softback from £36.25
- Hardback from £49.35