Selves, Societies, and Emotions : Understanding the Pathways of Experience Hardback
Building on contributions from sociology, psychology, anthropology, philosophy, literature, and neuroscience, Henricks develops a more general account of how people discover and reproduce the "meanings" of their involvements with others.
Among its many themes are treatments of selves as "projections of personhood," of the ways in which self-expression has changed historically and is now experienced in our electronically mediated era, of emotions as "framing judgments," and of ritual, play, communitas, and work as four distinctive "pathways of experience."
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 224 pages, black & white illustrations
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 04/01/2012
- Category: Social & cultural anthropology
- ISBN: 9781594519567
- EPUB from £30.55
- PDF from £30.55
- Paperback / softback from £32.55