An art form often ignored gets its due in this collection of historic prints.
The abstract genre, as it has been applied to the textiles of everyday life--from upholstery fabrics and curtains to the wearable art we don daily--is explored through photographs of 300 fabric swatches from couture houses in Italy, France, and the United States.
This colorful volume is a must-have for up-and-coming textile and fashion designers ready to take a lesson from their anonymous predecessors in the everyday gallery of art.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 112 pages, 300 color photos
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing Ltd
- Publication Date: 03/08/1998
- Category: Needlework & fabric crafts
- ISBN: 9780764306747