Transcultural Aesthetics in the Plays of Gao Xingjian Hardback
Gao Xingjian has been lauded for his inventive use of Chinese culture in his paintings, plays, and cinema, however he denies that his current work participates in any notion of Chinese.
This book traces the development of these forms and how the relate and interact in the French language plays of the Nobel Laureate.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 135 pages, 2 Illustrations, black and white; VIII, 135 p. 2 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 02/05/2014
- Category: Theatre direction & production
- ISBN: 9781137442529
- Paperback / softback from £39.95