Dungeons, Gallows and Severed Heads of London Paperback / softback
Why was beheading the punishment of choice for royalty--and was Henry VIII addicted to it?
When was the first police force created? In no other area of history have people been more inventive than in thinking up punishments for their enemies, and in no other city has it been more in evidence.
With some famous victims--Anne Boleyn, Charles I, William Wallace--and some famous places--the Tower, Newgate Prison, the Clink--this book immerses you in the history of London's crime and punishment.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 96 pages, 30 b/w illustrations
- Publisher: Flame Tree Publishing
- Publication Date: 01/04/2002
- Category: History & the past: general interest (Children's/YA)
- ISBN: 9781904153030