Trekking in the Everest Region : Practical Guide with 27 Detailed Route Maps & 52 Village Plans, Includes Kathmandu City Guide Paperback / softback
Sixth edition of this classic trekking guide to the Everest region of Nepal's Himalaya.
Ranging from lush terraced fields to the highest mountain on earth, the scenery is breathtaking.
There are trekking possibilities to suit all budgets - from independent trekkers on a shoestring staying in simple lodges with Sherpa families to travellers on guided treks with every luxury provided. This practical guide includes detailed route maps covering not only the classic treks but also the wild routes: *Everest expedition route *Rolwaling *Trekking from Lukla *Salpa-Arun *The Gokyo trek *High passes *Trekking peaks - including Mera and Island Peak Getting to Nepal l Kathmandu - trek preparations and what to see Where to stay and eat l Health and safety Employing a guide or porter in Nepal
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 340 pages, 10 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white halftones, 45 colour illustrations, 92 m
- Publisher: Trailblazer Publications
- Publication Date: 07/09/2017
- Category: Climbing & mountaineering
- ISBN: 9781905864812