William James and the Quest for an Ethical Republic Hardback
Part of the Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History series
Pragmatist philosopher William James has long been deemed a dubious guide to ethical reasoning.
This book overturns such thinking, demonstrating the coherence of James's efforts to develop a flexible but rigorous framework for individuals and societies seeking freedom, meaning, and justice in a world of interdependence, uncertainty, and change.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 232 pages, X, 232 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 17/12/2014
- Category: Western philosophy: c 1600 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230117822
- Paperback / softback from £53.19