Violence, Narrative and Myth in Joyce and Yeats : Subjective Identity and Anarcho-Syndicalist Traditions Hardback
How can we use art to reconstruct ourselves and the material world?
Is every individual an art object? Is the material world an art text? This book answers these questions by examining modernist literature, especially James Joyce and W.B.
Yeats, in the context of anarchist intellectual thought and Georges Sorel's theory of social myth.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 242 pages, IX, 242 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 14/11/2012
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230290952
- Paperback / softback from £46.65