Speech Rate, Pause and Sociolinguistic Variation : Studies in Corpus Sociophonetics Hardback
This book provides a fascinating account of the psycholinguistic and social factors behind variation in speech timing in US English.
With detailed discussions of its methods and data, it also acts as a valuable model for conducting corpus (socio)phonetic research.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 247 pages, XV, 247 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 08/03/2013
- Category: Sociolinguistics
- ISBN: 9780230249776
- Paperback / softback from £50.59