Silence and Subject in Modern Literature : Spoken Violence Hardback
by Ulf Olsson
Edited by Ulf Olsson
Why does interrogation silence its object and not make it speak?
Silence vs speech is a central issue in classical and modern literary works.
This book studies literary representations of the power relations in which we are forced to speak using a range of texts ranging from the modern crime novel, via classics, to avant-garde plays.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 215 pages, IX, 215 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 04/10/2013
- Category: Literary theory
- ISBN: 9781137350985
- Paperback / softback from £45.85