This book explores the morality of pride, a value that has been condemned through history and is still largely unwelcome in many societies.
The author explores the nature of the self and free will, and how pride links to technology and rational theology.
It refers to the work of Lionel Trilling, Allan Bloom, Charles Taylor and Heidegger on authenticity; Jacob Burckhardt, Stephen Toulmin, Max Weber and Mark Lilla on modernity; Christine Korsgaard on the self; John Rawls and Ruth Benedict on morality; and the Stoics and Kant on free will.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 243 pages, VII, 243 p.
- Publisher: Springer International Publishing AG
- Publication Date: 02/10/2016
- Category: History of Western philosophy
- ISBN: 9783319341163
- PDF from £67.58
- Paperback / softback from £79.29