Liberalization Challenges in Hungary : Elitism, Progressivism, and Populism Hardback
by Umut Korkut
Part of the Europe in Transition: The NYU European Studies Series series
In Hungary, as in all of "new Europe," liberalization is troubled.
Using Hungary as an in-depth case study, Korkut demonstrates that, in squandering popular goodwill, credibility, and favorable circumstances after 1989, liberal politicians have found themselves vulnerable to conservative populist politics and the global economic crisis.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 243 pages, X, 243 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 08/06/2012
- Category: Liberalism & centre democratic ideologies
- ISBN: 9780230114593
- Paperback / softback from £61.69