Natural Disasters and Victorian Empire : Famines, Fevers and the Literary Cultures of South Asia Hardback
Natural Disasters and Victorian Empire looks at the relationship between epidemics and famines in south Asia and Victorian literature and culture.
It suggests that much of how we think today about disasters, state and society can be traced back to the 19th-century British imperial experience.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 221 pages, VII, 221 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 25/09/2013
- Category: Literary theory
- ISBN: 9781137001122
- Paperback / softback from £57.45