'This Course Companion in Criminal Justice by Ursula Smartt is to be applauded. It is an essential handbook for all students and practitioners who are studying the criminal justice system. The user-friendly framework provides students with practical support in how they can organise their approach to studying to maximise their knowledge and revision skills. I have no hesitation in commending this Companion as a valuable complementary text'
- Professor Allyson MacVean, John Grieve Centre for Policing & Community Safety, Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College
"Congratulations to Ursula Smartt and SAGE on a most welcome â€²skillsâ€² text for Criminal Justice students... The book is concise, clear, well-organised and accessible - highly recommended." Stephen Parrott, Birkbeck, University of London
Criminal Justice by Ursula Smartt is part of an exciting new series from SAGE. It is designed to help students to make the most of their undergraduate or foundation course in Criminal Justice or Criminology. Developed as accessible reference tools, SAGE Course Companions offer an introduction to the subject and encourage students to extend their understanding of key concepts, issues and debates.
This book provides a basic grounding in criminal justice, alongside pointers to further reading and advice on study skills. It can be used as an overview of the subject and referred to throughout the degree for tips and revision guidance.
Smarttâ€²s Criminal Justice is designed to complement, rather than replace, existing textbooks for the course, and will provide:
- Helpful summaries of the course curriculum to aid exam revision and essay planning
- Key summaries of the approach taken by the main textbooks on the course
- Guidance on the essential study skills required to pass the course
- Help with developing critical thinking
- Route-maps to aid the development of wider learning above and beyond the textbook
- Pointers to success in course exams and written assessment exercises
- A tutorâ€²s-eye view of what course examiners are looking for
- An insiderâ€²s view of what key course concepts are really all about
SAGE Course Companions are much more than revision guides for undergraduate. They are an essential tool to success in undergraduate courses, enriching the learning experience and developing studentsâ€² understanding.
- Paperback / softback from £22.09
- Hardback from £68.65