Nonsmooth Vector Functions and Continuous Optimization Hardback
Part of the Springer Optimization and Its Applications series
Focusing on the study of nonsmooth vector functions, this book presents a comprehensive account of the calculus of generalized Jacobian matrices and their applications to continuous nonsmooth optimization problems, as well as variational inequalities in finite dimensions.
The treatment is motivated by a desire to expose an elementary approach to nonsmooth calculus, using a set of matrices to replace the nonexistent Jacobian matrix of a continuous vector function.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 270 pages, X, 270 p.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Publication Date: 25/10/2007
- Category: Calculus & mathematical analysis
- ISBN: 9780387737164
- Paperback / softback from £98.79