With the whole nation watching Jamal Malik is just one question away from winning a staggering 20 million rupees on India's 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?' But when the show breaks for the night, police arrest him on susicion of cheating: how could a street kid know so much?
Desperate to prove his innocence, Jamal tells the story of his life in the slum where he and his brother grew up.
Each chapter of Jamal's increasingly layered story reveals where he learned the answer to each of the game show's questions.
But the final question remains a mystery. One Chief Inspector and Sixty Million viewers are about to find out what the answer is.
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 166 pages, col. Illustrations
- Publisher: Nick Hern Books
- Publication Date: 08/01/2009
- Category: Film scripts & screenplays
- ISBN: 9781848420397
- Paperback from £6.50
- CD-Audio from £10.99
- eAudiobook MP3 from £6.80
- EPUB from £4.99
- Mixed media product from £12.55