Existentialism and Social Engagement in the Films of Michael Mann Hardback
Michael Mann's films receive a detailed analysis as existential dramas, including Heat, Collateral , The Last of the Mohicans and Public Enemies.
The book demonstrates that Mann's films perform critical engagement with existentialism, illustrating the problems and opportunities of living according to this philosophy.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 251 pages, IX, 251 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 27/10/2011
- Category: Film theory & criticism
- ISBN: 9780230301054
- PDF from £67.58
- Paperback / softback from £52.99