Punishment in Europe : A Critical Anatomy of Penal Systems Hardback
Part of the Palgrave Studies in Prisons and Penology series
This collection, from a range of leading international scholars, looks at penal practice in a variety of different European countries.
Noting particularities as well as similarities, such as the overuse of imprisonment and the use of harsher sanctions against the poor, this book questions how we justify and deliver punishment in Europe.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 304 pages, 8 Illustrations, black and white; XVII, 304 p. 8 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 30/08/2013
- Category: Penology & punishment
- ISBN: 9781137028204
- Paperback / softback from £18.65
- PDF from £20.39