Starting in the Victorian years of the 19th century, hearty oyster consumption made special, beautifully crafted "oyster plates" a necessity in fashionable homes and restaurants.
This book is perfect for collectors, complete with a rarity guide and color photographs of almost 500 pieces of original dishware and unusual serving utensils.
The text is filled with the history of oysters plate manufacturers from Limoges and Meissen to Wedgewood.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 160 pages, 464 color photos
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing Ltd
- Publication Date: 06/01/1997
- Category: Antiques & collectables
- ISBN: 9780887405297