Re-examining English Romanticism through Hegel's philosophy, this book outlines and expands upon Hegel's theory of recognition.
Deakin critiques four canonical writers of the English Romantic tradition, Coleridge, Wordsworth, P.B.
Shelley and Mary Shelley, arguing that they, as Hegel, are engaged in a struggle towards philosophical recognition.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 207 pages, IX, 207 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 30/03/2015
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9781137482174
- PDF from £59.50
- Paperback / softback from £61.69