Iconology : Image, Text, Ideology Paperback / softback
"[Mitchell] undertakes to explore the nature of images by comparing them with words, or, more precisely, by looking at them from the viewpoint of verbal language. . . . The most lucid exposition of the subject I have ever read".--Rudolf Arnheim, "Times Literary Supplement"
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 242 pages, 6 line drawings
- Publisher: The University of Chicago Press
- Publication Date: 01/07/1987
- Category: Religious subjects depicted in art
- ISBN: 9780226532295