Public Universities and the Public Sphere argues that two crises facing America - a crisis of public discourse and a crisis of public higher education - are closely connected.
Part of the solution, Smith argues in this timely work, to both crises lies in understanding and building on the connection.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 229 pages, V, 229 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 19/01/2011
- Category: Moral & social purpose of education
- ISBN: 9780230108783
- PDF from £46.75
- Paperback / softback from £45.85