Freemasonry : A Journey Through Ritual and Symbol Paperback / softback
Part of the Art and Imagination series
What age-old meanings lie behind the strange, unchanging rituals and symbols of Freemasonry, and can we relate them to our contemporary lives?Freemasons have their own answers to these questions, but they are not available to the outsider, nor are they couched in language that is relevant today.
This book explains Freemasonry's part in a long tradition of mysticism, going back to the Middle Ages if not beyond, and shows the Craft to be a complex framework for inner growth, a developmental psychology which presents the Mason with a viable discipline for the pursuit of self-knowledge.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 96 pages, 116 Illustrations, black and white; 17 Illustrations, color
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/09/1991
- Category: Art & Photography
- ISBN: 9780500810378