Lucy Gayheart Paperback / softback
by Willa Cather
Part of the Virago Modern Classics series
It is 1901, and Lucy Gayheart with her 'singular brightness of young beauty', is studying music in the magical smoky city of Chicago.
She is courted by handsome Harry Gordon, the most eligible bachelor in Haverford, the Midwestern town she comes from.
But Lucy falls in love with middle-aged Sebastien, a famous singer, whose talents and tenderness change her life forever. First published in 1935, this novel of 'achieved simplicity' displays the depth of Willa Cather's sympathy, both for the world of high art and for the reticent decencies of small town life.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 256 pages
- Publisher: Little, Brown Book Group
- Publication Date: 31/12/1985
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9780860685128
- Paperback / softback from £10.69
- Hardback from £73.55