Divine Presence in Spain and Western Europe 1500-1960 : Visions, Religious Images and Photographs Paperback / softback
Part of the Natalie Zemon Davies Annual Lectures series
A few selected cases of visions and apparitions are detected and analyzed, including personal interviews with some of the witnesses. Of special interest is the final third of the book: the transposition of medieval and early modern representations of the relations between humans and the divine into the modern art of photography.
Christian presents a pictorial examination of the phenomenon, commenting a large number of images, including commercial postcards and family photographs from the first half of past century Europe.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 250 pages, black-and-white illustrations
- Publisher: Central European University Press
- Publication Date: 20/12/2011
- Category: Religious subjects depicted in art
- ISBN: 9786155053375