Monetary Policy and Financial Repression in Britain, 1951 - 59 Hardback
Part of the Palgrave Studies in Economic History series
British monetary policy was reactivated in 1951 when short-term interest rates were increased for the first time in two decades.
The book explores the politics of formulating monetary policy in the 1950s and the techniques of implementing it, and discusses the parallels between the present monetary situation and that of 1951.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 287 pages, XII, 287 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 16/09/2014
- Category: Political economy
- ISBN: 9781137383815
- Paperback / softback from £57.75