Medical Sociology Paperback / softback
Companion Website Materials Coming Soon!The most thorough major academic textbook available, this classic text presents the most important research studies in the field.
The author also integrates engaging first-person accounts from patients, physicians, and other health care providers throughout the text.
A much greater number of first person accounts and updated examples are added to the new fourteenth edition.
Other updates include:* Coverage of Zika, Ebola, MERS, and updates on other pandemics* Expanded discussion of obesity as a disease* Coverage of the widening gap in life expectancy between the rich and the poor* New information on the decline of life expectancy among American white women, especially those who live in rural counties* New material on biomarkers, gene-environment interaction, and stress* Analysis of the role of the hidden curriculum in medical schools* Exiting the Affordable Care Act
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 436 pages, 5 Line drawings, black and white; 55 Halftones, black and white; 10 Tables, black and whi
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 22/05/2017
- Category: Illness & addiction: social aspects
- ISBN: 9781138668324