Rural Rides Paperback / softback
Travelling on horseback through southern England in the early 19th century, William Cobbett provides evocative and accurate descriptions of the countryside, colourful accounts of his encounters with labourers, and indignant outbursts at the encroaching cities and the sufferings of the exploited poor.
Ian Dyck's new edition places these lively accounts of rural life in the context of Cobbett's political and social beliefs and reveals the volume as his platform for rural radical reform.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 576 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 27/09/2001
- Category: Literary essays
- ISBN: 9780140435795
- EPUB from £1.99
- Hardback from £19.95
- Paperback from £10.99
- Multiple copy pack from £21.52
- Paperback / softback from £19.99