Queenship and Voice in Medieval Northern Europe Hardback
Part of the Queenship and Power series
This book examines female lordship and the power of the political voice in medieval Northern Europe, focusing on three prominent, foreign-born queens of medieval Scandinavia - Agnes of Denmark (d. 1304), Eufemia of Norway (d. 1312) and Margareta of Denmark/Sweden (d. 1412) - who acted as cultural mediators and initiators of political change.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 237 pages, 1 Illustrations, black and white; X, 237 p. 1 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 18/10/2010
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9780230104655
- Paperback / softback from £61.69