Level 4: The Merchant of Venice Paperback / softback
Part of the Pearson English Graded Readers series
Classic / British EnglishBassanio wants to get married, but he has no money and a lot of debts.
He asks his friend Antonio for a loan, but Antonio is waiting for his ships to return.
Until then, he has nothing to lend. To help Bassanio, he borrows money from a money-lender - and agrees to an unusual condition.
If Antonio cannot repay the loan in three months, the money-lender will cut a pound of flesh from his body. Will Antonio be able to repay the loan? Or will he die?
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 88 pages
- Publisher: Pearson Education Limited
- Publication Date: 28/02/2008
- Category: ELT graded readers
- ISBN: 9781405882279
- EPUB from £6.48
- Mixed media product from £10.22