BIOS Instant Notes in Medical Microbiology Paperback / softback
by William (University of Nottingham, UK) Irving, Tim (Nottingham City Hospital, UK) Boswell, Dlawer (University of Nottingham, UK) Ala'Aldeen
Part of the Instant Notes series
Instant Notes in Medical Microbiology covers medical microbiology from the molecular biology of infectious agents right through to the clinical management of the infected patient, including disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, and the use of antimicrobial therapy. The first section covers how micro-organisms spread and cause disease in humans, and how the human body responds to infection in general.
The next three sections give a broad outline of the important properties of human infectious pathogens; split into viruses, bacteria, and eukaryotic organisms. The final sections cover laboratory diagnosis, antimicrobial chemotherapy, prevention strategies, and infection from the point of view of the patient.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 364 pages, 70 Line drawings, black and white; 1 Halftones, black and white; 20 Tables, black and whi
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 15/12/2005
- Category: Medical microbiology & virology
- ISBN: 9781859962541