The Country Wife Paperback / softback
Originally performed and published in 1675, this five-act play parodies the vices and hypocrisies of Restoration London.
The plot centers on the aptly named Mr. Horner, a notorious rake who feigns impotence to trick his way into the intimate company of married ladies.
Bursting with racy dialog and bawdy humor, this comic masterpiece offers an enduring combination of cynicism, satire, and farce.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 160 pages
- Publisher: Dover Publications Inc.
- Publication Date: 01/04/2018
- Category: Theatre studies
- ISBN: 9780486817538
- Paperback from £7.45
- Paperback / softback from £8.15
- EPUB from £1.94
- PDF from £10.24
- eAudiobook MP3 from £3.75