England's Witchcraft Trials Paperback / softback
Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. With the echo of that chilling injunction hundreds were accused and tried for witchcraft across England throughout the 16th and 17th centuries.
With fear and suspicion rife, neighbour could turn against neighbour, friend against friend, with women, men and children alike caught up in the deadly fervour that swept through both village and town. From the feared covens of Pendle Forest to the victims of the unswerving fanaticism of The Witch Finder General, so-called witches were suspected, accused, and dragged into the spotlight to await judgement and their final fate.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 224 pages, 30 black and white illustrations
- Publisher: Pen & Sword Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 10/09/2018
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781473870949