Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale PDF
Part of the Reader's Guides series
Margaret Atwood's popular dystopian novel A Handmaid's Tale, engages the reader with a broad range of issues relating to power, gender and religious politics. This guide provides an overview of the key critical debates and interpretations of the novel and encourages you to engage with key questions and readings in your reading of the text. It includes discussion of key themes and concepts including:
- Representation of women's roles, gender, sexuality and power
- Language, style and form
- Dystopias and genre fictions
- Power, control and religious fundamentalism.
Combining helpful guidance on reading Atwood's text with overviews of significant stylistic and thematic issues and an introduction to criticism, this is an ideal companion to reading and studying A Handmaid's Tale.
- Format: PDF
- Pages: 160 pages
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing
- Publication Date: 03/06/2010
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9781441103529
- EPUB from £14.53