Performing Exile, Performing Self : Drama, Theatre, Film Hardback
by YANA MEERZON
Part of the Studies in International Performance series
This book examines the life and art of those contemporary artists who by force or by choice find themselves on other shores.
It argues that the exilic challenge enables the emigre artist to (re)establish new artistic devices, new laws and a new language of communication in both his everyday life and his artistic work.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 350 pages, XI, 350 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 05/04/2012
- Category: Theatre studies
- ISBN: 9780230221536
- Paperback / softback from £58.35