UAV Communications for 5G and Beyond EPUB
Edited by Yong Zeng, Ismail Guvenc, Rui Zhang, Giovanni Geraci, David W. Matolak
Explore foundational and advanced issues in UAV cellular communications with this cutting-edge and timely new resource
UAV Communications for 5G and Beyond delivers a comprehensive overview of the potential applications, networking architectures, research findings, enabling technologies, experimental measurement results, and industry standardizations for UAV communications in cellular systems. The book covers both existing LTE infrastructure, as well as future 5G-and-beyond systems.
UAV Communications covers a range of topics that will be of interest to students and professionals alike. Issues of UAV detection and identification are discussed, as is the positioning of autonomous aerial vehicles. More fundamental subjects, like the necessary tradeoffs involved in UAV communication are examined in detail.
The distinguished editors offer readers an opportunity to improve their ability to plan and design for the near-future, explosive growth in the number of UAVs, as well as the correspondingly demanding systems that come with them. Readers will learn about a wide variety of timely and practical UAV topics, like:
- Performance measurement for aerial vehicles over cellular networks, particularly with respect to existing LTE performance
- Inter-cell interference coordination with drones
- Massive multiple-input and multiple-output (MIMO) for Cellular UAV communications, including beamforming, null-steering, and the performance of forward-link C&C channels
- 3GPP standardization for cellular-supported UAVs, including UAV traffic requirements, channel modeling, and interference challenges
- Trajectory optimization for UAV communications
Perfect for professional engineers and researchers working in the field of unmanned aerial vehicles, UAV Communications for 5G and Beyond also belongs on the bookshelves of students in masters and PhD programs studying the integration of UAVs into cellular communication systems.