The Sailor who Fell from Grace with the Sea Paperback / softback
A band of savage thirteen-year-old boys reject the adult world as illusory, hypocritical, and sentimental, and train themselves in a brutal callousness they call 'objectivity'.
When the mother of one of them begins an affair with a ship's officer, he and his friends idealise the man at first; but it is not long before they conclude that he is in fact soft and romantic.
They regard this disallusionment as an act of betrayal on his part - and the retribution is deliberate and horrifying.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 144 pages
- Publisher: Vintage Publishing
- Publication Date: 11/03/1999
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9780099284796
- Paperback / softback from £7.85
- EPUB from £2.99