Creative Children, Imaginative Teaching Paperback
* What does creativity mean in theory and in practice? * Can all children and teachers respond creatively? * What sorts of strategies can we adopt to promote a creative approach?
Creativity is a term often discussed in relation to education, particularly in primary schools. This book sets out to explore what it means in both practical and theoretical terms for children, teachers and the context in which they work. The key areas of planning, resourcing, organizing, managing and assessing creativity are dealt with in an accessible and readable style. Cameos and classroom examples are used in order to indicate effective strategies for promoting creativity within and across curriculum subjects. Creativity is shown to be a powerful force which can be harnessed to increase the learning potential of both teachers and children.
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 176 pages, references, index
- Publisher: Open University Press
- Publication Date: 01/05/1998
- Category: Primary & middle schools
- ISBN: 9780335197835