An Introduction to Systems Biology : Design Principles of Biological Circuits Paperback
by Uri Alon
Part of the Chapman & Hall/CRC Mathematical & Computational Biology series
Thorough and accessible, this book presents the design principles of biological systems, and highlights the recurring circuit elements that make up biological networks.
It provides a simple mathematical framework which can be used to understand and even design biological circuits.
The textavoids specialist terms, focusing instead on several well-studied biological systems that concisely demonstrate key principles.
An Introduction to Systems Biology: Design Principles of Biological Circuits builds a solid foundation for the intuitive understanding of general principles.
It encourages the reader to ask why a system is designed in a particular way and then proceeds to answer with simplified models.
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 320 pages, 110 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Inc
- Publication Date: 07/07/2006
- Category: Biology, life sciences
- ISBN: 9781584886426
- Mixed media product from £35.45