Celestial Mechanics : The Waltz of the Planets Paperback / softback
Part of the Popular Astronomy series
The aim of this book is to demonstrate to a wider audience, as well as to a more skilled audience, the many fascinating aspects of modern celestial mechanics.
It sets out to do this without the use of mathematics.
After giving the reader the technical tools needed for a basic understanding of the underlying physical phenomena (using only elementary mathematics), facts and figures are provided on historical events, modern discoveries and future applications.
Contents are divided into major topics where the three "souls" of modern celestial mechanics (dynamical systems, Solar System and stellar systems, spaceflight dynamics) play a major role.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 248 pages, 20 Illustrations, black and white; XXIV, 248 p. 20 illus.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Publication Date: 22/12/2006
- Category: Astronomy, space & time
- ISBN: 9780387307770
- PDF from £21.25