Performing Childhood in the Early Modern Theatre : The Children's Playing Companies (1599-1613) Hardback
by Edel Lamb
Part of the Early Modern Literature in History series
This book investigates how the Children of Paul's (1599-1606) and the Children of the Queen's Revels (1600-13) defined their players as children and, via an analysis of their plays and theatrical practices, it examines early modern theatre as a site in which children have the opportunity to articulate their emerging selfhoods.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 189 pages, XII, 189 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 13/11/2008
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9780230202610
- PDF from £56.95
- Paperback / softback from £52.99