This original, witty, illustrated study offers the first analytical history of the rise and development of literary tourism in nineteenth-century Britain, associated with authors from Shakespeare, Gray, Keats, Burns and Scott, the Bronte sisters, and Thomas Hardy.
Invaluable for the student of travel and literature of the nineteenth century.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 244 pages, VIII, 244 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 10/10/2006
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230210929
- PDF from £19.54
- Hardback from £67.59