Employment and Development under Globalization : State and Economy in Brazil Hardback
by S. Cohn
Part of the International Political Economy Series series
Cohn lays out a new strategy of how states can produce economic development in poor nations - by considering barber shops, beauty parlours, hotels and restaurants in Brazil.
Cohn considers the case of nations with budgetary limits that cannot afford to follow the East Asian model, and finds alternative policies that create jobs and reduce poverty.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 236 pages, XIV, 236 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 24/07/2012
- Category: Regional studies
- ISBN: 9781137001405
- PDF from £53.54
- Paperback / softback from £55.79