Semi-Presidentialism and Democracy Hardback
Edited by Robert Elgie, Yu-Shan Wu
Explores the effect of semi-presidentialism on newly-democratising countries.
In recent years semi-presidentialism - the situation where a constitution makes provision for both a directly elected president and a prime minister who is responsible to the legislature - has become the regime type of choice for many countries.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 296 pages, XII, 296 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 01/02/2011
- Category: Comparative politics
- ISBN: 9780230242920
- PDF from £76.08
- Paperback / softback from £59.35