Murder and Media in the New Rome : The Fadda Affair Hardback
by T. Simpson
Part of the Italian and Italian American Studies series
An insightful look into the origins of modern Italian media culture by examining a sensational crime and trial that took place in Rome in the late 1870s, when a bloody murder triggered a national spectacle that became the first great media circus in the new nation of Italy, crucially shaping the young state's public sphere and image of itself.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 264 pages, XII, 264 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 19/01/2011
- Category: Social & cultural history
- ISBN: 9780230108363
- PDF from £56.09
- Paperback / softback from £52.19