This book offers a unique analysis of the wide-ranging responses of British novelists to the East-West conflict.
Hammond analyses the treatment of such geopolitical currents as communism, nuclearism, clandestinity, decolonisation and US superpowerdom, and explores the literary forms which writers developed to capture the complexities of the age.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 327 pages, VIII, 327 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 20/09/2013
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9781137274847
- PDF from £63.33
- Paperback / softback from £65.95