Modernism and Perversion : Sexual Deviance in Sexology and Literature, 1850-1930 Paperback / softback
by A. Schaffner
Part of the Modernism and... series
Charting the construction of sexual perversions in nineteenth- and early twentieth-century medical, psychiatric and psychological discourse, Schaffner argues that sexologists' preoccupation with these perversions was a response to specifically modern concerns, and illuminates the role of literary texts in the formation of sexological knowledge.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 315 pages, XXI, 315 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 22/11/2011
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230231634
- PDF from £16.99
- Hardback from £65.15